Sunday, March 19, 2006

The death of me

And there I stood watching my dreams pass away
they laid there looking at me
with a faint mocking smile they announced
that it’s me who gave away

They existed there as long as I had them
I promised them they would be kept
but as soon as I stepped on the path,
they were taken away

"Better them than you" I was told
let them scatter on the rock of reality
and life will offer you new ones
as you walk along the way

Man is nothing but dreams and realities
without dreams I am naked in the face of life
I am just another personmy essence is taken away

I shall learn the ways of life, I say
And sometimes along the path of time
I shall reclaim them I will never again betray

My childhood companions
the mark of my innocence
the children of my thoughts
the future of my past

for their death is nothing
but the death of me…

Antoine Megalla
(The Horrible ANT)

No comments: